Saturday, December 01, 2007

You have been Selected

(flying just isn't easy anymore)


I traveled this week to not one, but two conferences. They both related to the Christian Mission of the YMCA, which made the back-to-back nature tolerable, but little else was the same. Two cities, two time zones, two sponsors, two dress codes, you name it. Even two plane tickets; and there in lies the story.

Because my wife was to drive and meet me for the second event, my journey did not end where it started. Instead, I bought two one-way tickets; which earned me the opportunity to hear “you have been selected for security screening” at the Denver airport. The process turned out to be pretty simple; merely providing photo identification and having an airline representative enter a bunch of extra information into the computer prior to receiving my boarding pass.

It hadn’t occurred to me that one-way tickets would set off some kind of minor alarm, but in the times we live, I shouldn’t be surprised. I actually take comfort in the security that’s present in our airports. Sure you have to arrive earlier and the lines get long, but the payoff in peace of mind is worth it.

The end of life on earth is a one way ticket; either eternity with God or eternity without. But He provides a way for peace of mind and the process is pretty simple. Faith in Christ as our once and forever Savior is all we need.

And there aren’t any long lines!

Thanks for all you do.

Brian

<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home