Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Though none go with me

(don't just sit there... DO something!)

Though none go with me

Many churches, including ours, trend toward a modern worship style.  Fortunately, many also find that the lyrical content of old hymns (a common if somewhat redundant moniker) to be rich and worthy of celebration and inclusion.   A leadership book I’ve been reading included this reference to the fourth verse of one such song: “though none go with me, still I will follow”.   Being a leader means more than merely casting a vision.  You need to actually get up and demonstrate the courage of your convictions!  You hope and pray that others will come along, but it’s not always guaranteed.

If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also.  If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.” John 12:26

Sometimes the Christian walk feels like you’re at the head of a joyful parade down Main Street.  Other times it feels like you’re on a lonely walk through a bad neighborhood.  Either way you’re on the right track when you’re going where God wants you to go and doing what he’s called you to do.  The strength to persevere comes from keeping your eyes on the destination and your heart set on the rightness of your mission.  Serving the cause of Christ brings honor from the Father.  That much is guaranteed!



Thanks for all you do.

Brian
<><


Volume 7, Number 37

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home