Monday, June 24, 2013

Safety


(so my daughter Abby suggested the topic for this one!)

Safety

The entire family was mesmerized yesterday by the incredible bravery of wirewalker Nik Wallenda. Wallenda traveled 1,400 feet across an Arizona canyon without a net or safety harness between him and the ground 1,500 feet below. The combination of God-given ability, training, planning, and engineering led to the successful crossing. His faith obviously played a part as well with Wallenda spending the majority of the walk praying and praising God. His quote before hand, “I don’t believe God keeps me on the wire…but I know where I’m going if I fall.”

“In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, 
make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8

Responsibility for Nik’s safety lies with his father, who heads up all safety and rigging related activities. He knows unequivocally that his father will do everything in his power to watch his back.  He knows that the path across the divide will be as safe as it can possibly be, allowing him to focus on the task of putting one foot in front of the other.

Our heavenly father exists in a very similar role for those who trust in him.  His power overcomes the forces that may oppose us.  His strength is perfect when we are weak.  He makes our paths straight so we can focus on getting to the far side of our obstacles.

We can count on him for our safety!

Thanks for all you do.

Brian
<>< 

Volume 7, Number 14

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home