Saturday, December 01, 2007

On the Outside Looking in

(soooooo close... it's just not our year in Ohio)


I just happened to be in Cleveland today as the Indians are attempting to clinch a spot in the 2007 World Series. I walked the four blocks from the hotel to the ballpark and stood outside the fence peering wistfully into the game. I could see one of the small scoreboards, hear the radio play by play being piped in and see replays reflected on the glass of the left field restaurant. The roar of the crowd was deafening as I hung out on the street with several thousand of my closest friends!

But I’m sure it would have been better to actually be at the game, in a seat (or standing) and cheering for the home team. I could have been inside; the concierge at the hotel said he could get bleacher seats for “only” $185. I had the desire to be inside and I knew how to get there. The price was just too high.

The rejoicing in heaven will make that ballgame look funereal. Thank the Lord we don’t have to be on the outside looking in when that day comes. The way is very clear: “for God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life” John 3:16. The price is too high for us to pay alone, but our friend has picked up the tab!

Thanks for all you do.

Brian

<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home