Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Things my BlackBerry taught me

(we can be too connected to the world of technology, but we can never be too connected to God)



Things my Blackberry taught me

There was a cartoon in the paper last week with this quote in the first panel: “My blackberry is lost! What if people are calling me and I don’t know they’re calling? What if people are texting me and I don’t know they’re texting? I’m cut off from my whole world!” I jokingly sent this to some friends under the heading “my worst nightmare” and I received a variety of funny comments back. Unfortunately I have become accustomed to having instant access to the world; and for the world to have instant access to me. Emails, text messages, phone calls, weather and traffic bulletins and news headlines are all magically sent to that little black box. It’s convenient, but at the same time very controlling!

For all the power of technology, it pales in comparison to the power of prayer. We have the opportunity for instant access to the creator of the universe! We can ask questions, express gratitude, seek guidance with life decisions, and find a way around roadblocks and stormy weather in our lives. It’s two-way wireless communication of the most important kind. Never subject to battery chargers, power outages or dropped calls! The only time it doesn’t work is when we don’t take the time.

“My prayer life is lost! What if the Lord is calling me and I don’t know he’s calling? I’m cut off from my whole world!”

That’s my real worst nightmare!


Brian

<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home