Friday, July 20, 2007

No one too lost. No one too low.

On July 1st the YMCA co-sponsored a Freedom Celebration in conjunction with a local township and one of our church partners. It was a great family-friendly event and as we walked around thanking people for being there I heard much positive feedback. The high point of the evening was a free concert by Sanctus Real, a local Toledo band that has made it to the top of the Christian music scene. Since that night I’ve not been able to stop thinking about the last two lines of their current hit: “No one too lost for me to love. No one too low for me to serve.”

I think those sixteen words convey the essential fabric of the Christian life; loving and serving. Everyone is included, no one is excluded. We are called to love our neighbor and love our enemies. We are called to serve those in authority over us and to be servant leaders to those we oversee.

I don’t work with the sick and dying in Calcutta like Mother Theresa did or try to save the lives and souls of the poor in Honduras like Great Commission Latin America. But working for a mission-driven, Christian organization gives me the chance to live out “no one too lost; no one too low” in a public way every day. Whatever you do, wherever you are, seize the opportunity that you have to love and serve.

Brian

<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home