Friday, September 01, 2006

Baby Steps

(go baby go!)

Our youngest daughter has learned to walk. She’s a couple weeks past her first birthday and just loves to stand up in the middle of the room and take off. Yes, time flies and no, I can’t believe she is already this big. But, there she is, walking the length of the living room to present me with gifts; a toy broom and a toy mop. How proud she is! How proud I am too!

There is more to “walking” than just the process of moving across the floor. Deuteronomy 10:12 says, “what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord , to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul.” Now that is a real responsibility, helping someone to walk in “all of God’s ways”.

As parents, my wife and I need to see that we are just as diligent in teaching this spiritual walking as we were with the physical. And since everyone knows that actions speak louder than words, what do my actions say? The answer is likely not one that I relish hearing. But it’s never too late to start walking in God’s ways for the first time. It’s never too late to get back to walking in God’s ways if you’ve had your attention diverted. Start with baby steps. Bring the gift of yourself. How proud He will be!

Thanks for all you do

Brian
<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home