Friday, June 09, 2006

Waiting

(waiting.... waiting... waiting...)

I’ve never had to travel for business very much over the years. A little here and there, but not the constant grind like many folks I know. Consequently, I’ve never had to deal with an airport delay…until now. The plane from Chicago to Cleveland is now scheduled at midnight, 2 ½ hours late. What’s worse, I guess, is that we’ve had no explanation from the airline. No human is around, no sign is posted. An airplane is sitting at the end of the jet way. But all the information we have is a departure schedule that says “now 11:59”. So we are all left to wonder, “What is all the waiting for?”

The Bible is filled with examples of people waiting. Abraham and Sarah waited decades for Isaac, the first of their promised descendants. David was anointed by Samuel as a young boy, but didn’t become King of Israel, until he was 30. Noah waited forty years for it to rain. I think it’s safe to say they may have wondered, “What is all the waiting for?”

Psalm 130:5-7 says this: “Wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning… O Israel put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love.”

So while we wait there is hope and love, and the knowledge that the Lord was faithful to Abraham, David and Noah, in his time.


Brian

<><

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home