Saturday, May 27, 2006

What Will He Do?

(I'm at a conference this week, so Pam is pinch-hitting)

From The Mountaintop to the Valley

What will He do?

A few weeks ago, I was feeding our 9-month old daughter in her room. Our older two daughters, Emma and Abby, were playing in the living room when I heard crying. The sound came closer and closer to Lilly’s door. A head poked in and Emma said Abby had pinched her arm. All kids have different cries, even as they grow older and from the strength and duration I could tell that the pinch had really hurt. I asked Emma to tell Abby that I would be out in a minute.

Emma relayed the message to Abby who asked “What will she do?” I sat rocking Lilly to sleep pondering Abby’s question. I thought of all the power we have over our children and in the same way, the power God has over us, His children. I could punish her or I could go out there and speak gently to her, explaining her wrongdoing like our loving and patient God does for us so often.

Our God is full of grace. From John 1:16 it states, “From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.” In our moments of sin, we wonder “what will He do?” God often provides teachable moments, parent to child. He invites us to listen as He speaks gently to us. And because of His grace our blessings are multiplied.


Pam

<><

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice , Pam!

Dena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home