Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If My People

From The Mountaintop to the Valley

If my people

The first Thursday in May has been designated by the United States Congress as the National Day of Prayer since 1952. Many communities have large corporate prayer events, breakfasts, prayers on the court house steps, bible reading marathons, etc. Several of us had the privilege to attend a breakfast event this year where a well known sports figure spoke about the importance of faith and prayer in his life. I’m thankful that there is a National Day of Prayer and so many opportunities exist to gather together and pray. But like many other “day of …” events, we shouldn’t just stop there.

I often lament my own lack of consistent prayer time. I could say that there’s not enough time, but in my heart I know it’s that I haven’t made time. Getting started can be difficult, but Jesus gave an example of how to pray in the Lord's Prayer. Some people use the PRAY (Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield) acronym to help them along. Some say a short prayer every time the clock chimes.

The important thing to remember is that God loves us and hears our prayers. He gives us this promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Happy healing…


Brian

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home